Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Foam for non-loading cap driver?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member robertbartsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2009
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Foam for non-loading cap driver?

    I'm restoring a pair of 802 compression drivers with new GPA frams and a fresh re-charge.

    The cores came with loading caps but I wan't to delete them.

    Where can I buy foam to install on the back of the driver cover?

    Thx.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Foam for non-loading cap driver?

    Was there foam on the back covers?

    I'll go check...
    .........................
    dave's not hear

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Foam for non-loading cap driver?

    looks like a felt pad to me...
    .........................
    dave's not hear

  4. #4
    Inactive Member robertbartsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2009
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Foam for non-loading cap driver?

    802 Driver covers are bare - no foam.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Foam for non-loading cap driver?

    The 3/8-1/2 in thick felt from a boot liner is perfect for this task and very close to the same material Altec used.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Foam for non-loading cap driver?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Foam for non-loading cap driver?

    Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    802 Driver covers are bare - no foam.
    Nope you are talking about 808 covers.

    802 covers have felt.

    AFAIK no Altecs use foam, for that reason I do not recommend it.

    Try GPA I believe they have felt. Probably a craft supply would have it. Used to be common , not so much now. A fabric store is certainly a possibility.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Foam for non-loading cap driver?

    Waxman felt pads at WalMart, Lowes and others. In the furniture slider section. Pack of 2-4"x6"x1/4" felt sheets for like $4 and change. Even has peel-n-stick backing. Scissors and the skill to cut a circle not included.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.